Departure every Tuesday from 22th March till 15th November
Day per day program
Arrive independently to the hotel in the charming city of Palermo (optional private transfer on request). In the evening you will meet our tour-leader and your travel companions and enjoy a welcome dinner. Overnight in hotel.
After breakfast in hotel, the morning will be spent visiting Monreale, its huge Norman Cathedral, proclaimed the Eighth Wonder of the World, and its splendid Cloister in Arab-Norman style: admirable masterpiece of art, sculpture, and semi-precious stones marquetry! Later you will discover the stunning Palermo, one of the richest towns in the island for its history and art. Palermo stands on a bay dominated by Mount Pellegrino, a headland described by Goethe as the loveliest he had ever seen. While the Baroque predominates, there is a profusion of different architectural styles reflecting the city’s multicultural past: Punic walls, Art Nouveau villas, noble residences, 17th century squares, including an elegant opera house. Visit of the wonderful eclectic Cathedral, the astonishing Martorana Church and the amazing Cappella Palatina, admirable example from an historical and an artistic point of view, and a prove of how different cultures, religions and way of thinking apparently incompatible can coexist. Ruggero II employed Bizantyne, Muslim and Latin workers. During the day, you will have a stop for a surprise to taste the local street food in a local bakery. Free time for lunch. Along the path you will admire the famous Teatro Massimo and the debated fountain in Pretoria Square, situated in the ancient Kalsa area and adorned with 16th century sculptures. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
After breakfast transfer to Cefalù, charming Medieval town situated at the northern coast of Sicily. Visit of its stunning Norman Dome and free time to stroll through the town or to visit the famous and well-known Mandralisca Museum. Arrival in Catania and free time for lunch. Later on the tour will continue visiting Catania’s historical centre stated Unesco World Heritage Site, with its original Baroque style and its unique streets built with black lava stone. The colour scheme of the city-centre buildings is black and dark grey, relieved with white limestone details around doors and windows. The effect is extremely elegant! The walking tour will start from the scenic Duomo square with its magnificent Cathedral and the famous “Liotru” statue, antique lava-stone elephant, symbol of the city. Not far from here we will reach University Square and we will have a walk along the splendid baroque Via dei Crociferi, the most representative 18th century street in Catania, where we will admire the famous S. Benedict Monastery, Unesco World Heritage Site. Continuing the visit enjoy a break in a historical bar of the city centre to taste the typical “granita & brioche”. Dinner at the hotel or in a restaurant nearby and overnight.
This morning after a short visit of the famous “pescheria” (the ancient fish market) in Catania, the tour will continue with an excursion to the Mount Etna, the highest (c. 3350m) volcano in Europe and one of the largest and most active in the world, nowadays Unesco World Heritage Site. Its regional park protects 59.000 hectares of unique geology, flora and fauna, villages and farms, and traditional methods of forestry, bee-keeping, wine manufacture, stonework and carpentry. Views of stunning landscapes will amaze you heading to Rifugio Sapienza. You will reach the “Crateri Silvestri”, small volcanic cones now inactive, surrounded by ancient lava flows. The view beyond the mountain’s hundreds of subsidiary cones and craters, can extend across the whole of Sicily, the Aeolian islands and Calabria. The spectacle is unique! You will have a stop to enjoy the local homemade honey and some typical products of the area. The tour continues towards Taormina, charming town renowned for its magnificent position above the sea commanding a celebrated view of Etna. Free time for lunch and in the afternoon visit of Taormina’s fascinating Greek theatre which will leave you breathless for its commading view on Giardini Naxos bay and the Etna mountain! Free time for a nice walk among the picturesque Medieval typical narrow streets, to go shopping and looking around the local handicrafts (coral jewels, precious laces, ceramics, pastries and much more). The day will end with an overview of the beautiful Riviera dei Ciclopi. Back to the hotel in Catania for dinner and overnight.
Our short tour ends today. Breakfast in hotel and end of our services.
FOR ORGANIZATIONAL REASONS OR DUE TO FORCE MAJEURE THE ITINERARY MAY BE MODIFIED
Price per person
- In double room € 649
- Single room suppl. € 135
- 3rd bed reduction € 30
Supplement Privilege Package
€ 195 in double/twin room
€ 290 in single/Double single use
- Superior/Deluxe Room
- Private transfer in/out
- City taxes
- All entrance fees as per progra
- March 22 – 29
- APRIL 5 – 12 – 19 – 26
- MAY 3- 10 – 17 – 24 – 31
- JUNE 7 – 14 – 21 – 28
- JULY 5 – 12 – 19 – 26
- AUGUST 2 – 9 – 16 – 23 – 30
- SEPTEMBER 6 – 13 – 20 – 27
- OCTOBER 4 – 11 – 18 – 25
- NOVEMBER 1 – 8 – 15
- DECEMBER 6 – 30 (Friday)
- JANUARY 2023 2 (Thursday)
- Multilingual Tour leader and professional travel guide* (English, Italian or Spanish) for the whole tour (from the evening of the 1st day to the evening of the 4th day), local guides or audio-guides where necessary.
- Deluxe bus from day 2 to day 4
- Whisper kit
- Accommodation in charming 4 stars hotels, international breakfast included:
Palermo city centre: Mercure Palermo Centro 4*/ Ibis Styles Palermo Cristal 4* or similar Catania city centre: Il Principe Hotel 4*/ Romano House Hotel 4* or similar
- 4 dinners in hotels or local restaurants (dinner – 3 main courses fixed menu, beverages not included) to have a taste of Sicilian and Italian cuisine.
Visit of the main suggestive Unesco World Heritage Sites: Monreale, Palermo, Cefalù, Catania city centre, Etna.
- Tasting of Sicilian typical products: Palermo (day 2) tasting of local street food; Catania (day 3) tasting of Sicilian “granita & brioche”; Etna (day 4) visit of a beekeeping honey company and honey tasting.
- Transfers in/out
- All lunches
- Entrance fees at monuments/museums
- City taxes (where compulsory)
- Tips and extras in general
- Anything not specified under “Included”
- Monreale Cathedral € 4
- Monreale Cloister € 6
- Palermo Cappella Palatina € 12
- Palermo Martorana Church € 2.
- Taormina Greek theatre € 10
- Pre-night in hotel in Palermo (BB treatment): € 72 p.p. in Classic double room per night – € 130 p.p. in Classic single room per night.
- Post-night in hotel in Catania (BB treatment): € 70 p.p. in Classic double room per night – € 110 p.p. in Classic single room per night.
- Transfers Palermo airport/hotel in Palermo: € 45 per car (1/3 pax).
- Transfers Catania airport/hotel in Catania : € 30,00 per car (1/3 pax).
- Assistance – Medical Expense Reimbursement – Luggage insurance – Travel Cancellation Expenses Insurance: on request
Send us the folllowing form and we will come back to you with the availability and payment methods.